MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL
- To give any medication (including OTCS [Tums, Tylenol, cough drops, etc]), New York State law mandates the following:
- A written prescription from a health care provider with the name of the student, the medication, dosage, and time to be given. The pharmacy label cannot be used in lieu of a written order.
- Written permission from the parent.
- Medication has to be in the original container, (NOT BAGGIES, etc.)
- Medication must be delivered to the school by the parent.
- Students are not to carry medication without health care provider's written order and be on file with the school nurse.
- Please remember that these laws are intended to protect students. If you have any questions, please contact Melanye Rockwell, RN School Nurse ext 1081