Why study French?
* More than 200 million people speak French in 5 continents.
* French is spoken in 43 countries throughout the world.
* French is the second most widely learned second language after English, and the ninth most widely spoken language in the world.
* Montreal, our close neighbor, is the second largest French-speaking city in the world.
* French is the official language of the Red Cross, the Olympic Games and the United Nations.
* French is the only language, other than English, taught in every single country in the world.
* French speaking Africa represents an area larger than the USA.
* French is the fourth largest spoken language in the US.
* A knowledge of French will provide job opportunities in future trade with our largest trading partner, Canada, as well as many other countries in the world.
* A knowledge of French leads to a greater understanding of many different cultures.