Richfield Springs Band Page
- Below is a list of groups that are available for aspiring instrumentalists in the Richfield Springs Central School District
- At the end of 4th grade students are given the opportunity to choose an instrument that they would like to play. Once they have selected their instrument they will receive a lesson on how to assemble and make the first sounds.
- Students receive one on one private lessons during the summer between 4th and 5th grade
- In the fall of 5th grade students will be assigned to a lesson group and have weekly lessons. Once they have passed lesson 9, in the Breeze Easy lesson book, they are eligible to join elementary band.
- Elementary band consists of 5th and 6th graders and perform two concerts per year.
- Middle School, and High School band is a combined band consisting of 7th-12th graders.
- Students receive weekly group lessons.
- This band performs 2 school concerts per year. 1 Holiday Concert in December, and 1 Spring Concert in May
- Marching Band is required for all 7-12 band students.
- Marching Band marches in 4 parades, annually
- Two Memorial Day Parades
- Schuyler Lake
- Richfield Springs
- Sherburne Pageant of Bands - 1st Weekend of June.
- Springfield 4th of July Parade
- Marching Band participates in the Syracuse University Band Day. At this event bands from all over Central NY join together with the Syracuse University Marching Band and perform at half-time of an SU Football game.
- Jazz Ensemble is open to students 7-12 and performs 1 to 2 concerts, annually.
- Jazz Ensemble meets after school once per week and performs a wide variety of Jazz, Rock, Latin, and Blues.
- The Richfield Springs Drum Line is a student led group that meets weekly throughout the year. They perform at basketball games, assembly's, and any other school function as needed.
- The Drum Line has had sustained success at the Sherburne Pageant of Bands, which occurs the 1st weekend of June annually.
- Every student, in the band program, is required to take lessons on their instrument. These lessons occur during the school day where students are pulled from classes on a rotating basis. Students only miss a class 2 times during a 10 week marking period. Make-up lessons are provided for when students miss for quizzes, tests, absences, etc. The following link will take you to the lesson schedule. 2015-2016 Band Lesson Schedule